Friday, June 10, 2011

Laughter IS the best medicine!


Piper smiled at 4 months of age and by 6 months I could count on one hand the number of times she smiled after that. So to see a smile on my little girls face is such a special treat to me! Now Piper smiles several times a day and wow what a special treat for Bay and I. A few weeks ago she said AHHHHH and just two weeks ago on my birthday she giggled a bit. What a great birthday gift that was.


Tonight, Piper reached up and grabbed her hair. This is something she does often as she has so much of it. But when she took her hand away it messed her hair so it looked like a Flock of Seagulls haircut. Well, I started to laugh hysterically. It looked so cute on her! I pulled out my camera and tried to get some good shots...as I was doing this she started to laugh. Not a giggle or a haha but a full o n LAUGH! My husband ran in from the next room because he could hear her. I put down the camera and the next thing I knew she was babbling! Piper has never done more than AHHH before but this was real baby talk!


I am so happy right now I could cry. Just yesterday I was in tears over her difficulties eating and today I am overjoyed. This emotional roller coaster that I’m on is worth it as long as I go back up that hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment